When considering where to get married Australian couples are faced with a lot of choices. For couples in the NSW region the decision becomes even harder with various outstanding city and rural areas vying for attention. One of these areas is the Southern Highlands, so why do we believe it is such a good choice for weddings?
1. Location – The Southern Highlands is perfectly placed for weddings. Practically equidistance from both Sydney and Canberra and requiring only a pleasant hour and a half’s drive from both the Southern Highlands is in an enviable position, providing incredible access for your guests.
2. Climate – Sitting atop the Great Dividing Range the Southern Highlands is blessed with a cooler climate which during wedding formalities can be very appealing for everyone. And this climate also allows for outdoor weddings to be carried out in pleasant conditions for the majority of the year.
3. Venues – Whatever your budget and ceremony’s requirements the Southern Highlands has a venue to suit. From stunning country estates to cozy village venues the Southern Highlands offers everything the modern wedding might need. Southern Highland venues know how to put on a wedding and retain professional and friendly staffs waiting to make your day extra special. Of course along with these great venues comes just as great accommodation allowing guests to fully enjoy the day and night celebrations.
4. Suppliers – Because of its geographic placement the Southern Highland bride can draw from a huge choice of wedding suppliers for the big day. And these travelling wedding suppliers help supplement an already comprehensive range contained within the Highlands themselves. The Southern Highlands boasts many notable wedding photographers, celebrants, caterers, florists, transportation services and bridal wear specialists. Everything the modern bride would need is within easy reach.
5. Exploration – The Southern Highlands contains many different places to explore during your time in the region. From beautiful Bowral with its wonderful choice of shops and restaurants to historic Berrima and the Highland’s well established wineries. The Highlands also has many natural wonders like the Wombeyan Caves and the incredible Ilawarra Fly which allows wedding guests the opportunity to enjoy an extended stay, or even make the wedding a holiday opportunity.
All of the above contribute to why the Southern Highlands is such a successful and popular wedding destination but it is the overall package that works so well for couples. If you would like to start exploring the region the official Destination Southern Highlands website is HERE. Also there are links to many of the main topics discussed above highlighted in the text.
We hope you choose the Southern Highlands for your wedding venue and are sure your day will be everything you dream it will be.